Friday, May 2, 2014

Expanded message 001 to Twitter user Professor-Solo @Trend_Breakers

Background:

Professor-Solo (@Trend_Breakers) tweeted at 3:05pm - 1 May 14:

@SantasTavern @greencircleas @suey_park Then what is it? It sure as hell isnt true. There is no other reason why WoC need to go blonde. (https://twitter.com/Trend_Breakers/status/461959549046370306)

I'm sorry, Professor-Solo, but you're profoundly wrong about that. WoC's motivation to go blond is rooted in the interplay between basic biology and the "signaling" manifestations impacting courtship rituals. And by "rituals" here I do not mean social constructs - not at all. I'm talking about instinctive behaviors.

But I have to admit that you've inspired me.  For several days I've been writing a response of sorts that has turned into another of my over-long blog posts which I'll be publishing at nukingpolitics.com when it is finished - hopefully sometime between this evening and next Tuesday (5/06/2014).

Just as a teaser, the article will feature Kate Upton, Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Phoebe Cates, and if I can manage to work them in then probably a reference to the girls from Babymetal as well.

Stay tuned, and I'll tweet you an update when it is done and online.

Thanks!

@SantasTavern

No comments:

Post a Comment